2023+ Ford/Volkswagen; Important information
• In order to preserve the structural integrity of the truck bed, Ford/Volkswagen recommends the installation of reinforcement brackets (J-brace) when installing accessories on the rail of the truck bed.
• In practice, this means that in the case of accessories (e.g. hardtops) that extend above the side wall of the truck bed and weigh more than 45 kg, the installation of a reinforcement J-brace is required. The part in question is shown in blue on the picture.
• Ford sells these brackets as aftermarket service parts available under the following codes:
◦ Ranger (except Raptor) part number: AMN1WJ27726AA / VN1WZ2627726A
◦ Ranger Raptor part number: AMN1WJ27726BA / VN1WZ2627726B
• Failure to install the brackets may void the manufacturer's warranty.
• Please contact your dealer for more information.